VOLUNTEER TRAINING & ORIENTATION
The Welcome Home orientation, featuring founder, Dan Samuelson, is fast moving, involving and encouraging. Through story telling, practical information and easy-to-master how-tos you will get a feel for the refugee community in our neighborhood and learn some very easy to implement techniques for adding a foreign born family to your circle of friends.
Welcome Home Refugee and Immigrant Services equips and mobilizes people to become friends with their new neighbors.
The training is a user-friendly experience to gain a deeper understanding about the current status of refugees that will help participants identify opportunities to support refugees in their communities, and connect with others engaged in befriending our new neighbors.
- Instruction by Dan Samuelson, Director of Welcome Home
- Learn about refugees in our community
- Pathways to action for making a difference.
- Opportunitiy for free-will donations.
How will you benefit from this Welcome Home Seminar?
- A deeper understanding about the context of refugees in the Seattle area and the impacts of our local immigrant communities.
- Awareness of refugees’ challenges, opportunities and needs.
- Exposure to the key immigrant-related organizations and how to support them.
- Improved tools for leading action on behalf of refugees.
- Meaningful connections with other participations.
Q: Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event? Minimum age 16.
Q: What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event? Plenty of room for free parking.
Q: How can I contact the organizer with any questions? Of course! Please email email@example.com
THANK YOU Journey Church
Sunday August 27, 2017
THANK YOU Aurora Nazarene Church
Sunday, July 9, 2017
THANKS YOU Living Hope Nazarene Church;
Thanks to all who attended and especially to our first graduating class of volunteers now ready to make new friends!